Doi Begun is an exemplary example of the fact that simple, easily available ingredients can be combined to prepare an extra ordinary appetizing. Doi Begun stands out as it an exotic combination f fried brinjal wrapped in a layer of creamy spicy yogurt.
Ingredients for preparing Doi Begun:
- Brinjal/Aubergine/Eggplant (begun) – 2 pieces (cut into 1″ thick circles)
- Yogurt (doi) – 250 gm
- Oil – as required
- Onion paste – 2 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 4 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Green chilli paste – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
Procedure for preparing Doi Begun:
- Rub salt & turmeric powder in brinjal & keep for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the brinjal pieces. Keep aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil in a separate pan.
- Add onion & garlic paste. Stir fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger paste, green chilli paste, salt & sugar.
- Stir for a minute & remove from heat.
- Beat yogurt in a bowl.
- Add the cooked masala into this & mix well.
- Plate the fried brinjals. Pour the masala yogurt onto this.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot.