Pumpkin flower pakora is mostly mentioned because of its taste, and it is very popular in the Indian state of Bengal. It provides a perfect break from our daily diets.
Ingredients for preparing Pumpkin Flower Pakora:
- Pumpkin Flower – 20 pieces
- Gram flour/Besan – 200 gm
- Salt – to taste
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Black cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Rice flour – 50 gm
- Oil – for frying
Procedure for preparing Pumpkin Flower Pakora:
- Separate the stem from pumpkin flowers.
- Make a thick batter with gram flour, salt, red chilli powder, black cumin seeds, turmeric powder, rice powder & water.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Take 2 or 3 flowers at a time. Dip into the batter & deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- In the same procedure make all the pakoras.
- Serve hot with khichdi or polao.
P.S. – Also try Stuffed Pumpkin Flowers