Illish Macher Dimer Bora is a common delicacy during the monsoon in Bengal. Fish roe is mixed with spice and dipped in batter and deep fried. Enjoy this with rice & dal.Hilsa is only seasonaly available, and considered the tastiest fish, so it’s roe. You may also use Rohu/Katla fish roe for this recipe.
Ingredients for Illish Egg Bora Recipe
- Illish Roe/Illish Macher Dim/ Rohu Fish Roe – 100 gms
- Mustard -green chillies paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Green chillies chopped – 1
- Besan / gram flour – 3 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard oil – for frying
Procedure for preparing Illish Egg Bora
Wash the egg of Illish and smash it lightly.
To this add the remaining ingredients except oil and mix well.
Heat mustard oil in a wok/pan and then pour very small portions of this mix in the oil and fry then till golden brown.
Serve hot with hot steamed rice.